Microchipping is the most effective way to ensure that a pet that gets lost will be returned to its owners. Our animal clinic offers pet microchipping in Pea Ridge for your peace of mind and to prevent your furry loved one from becoming another statistic. As many as one in three pets get separated from their owners at some point in their lives. Even the most responsible pet owners can get separated from their pets.
- Indoor cats can slip out when service providers come to your home.
- Dogs can escape from groomers or pet sitters.
- If there is a fire, the pet will be scared and may run away.
- Pets involved in car accidents can escape.
- Pets get scared off because of fireworks, etc.
How is a microchip implanted?
A needle is used to place a tiny chip right under the skin. This is typically placed between the shoulder blades and is about the size of a grain of rice.